As a leading convenience food manufacturer, we recognise the importance of nutrition and health.
We began a programme of salt reduction in 2004 which continued with adoption of the UK Public Health Responsibility Deal (PHRD) targets.
We continue to work within the 2017 targets and look for opportunities to reduce salt in our products without compromising taste and eating experience.
We removed artificial trans fats from products as part of our early commitment to the PHRD, and do not use partially hydrogenated vegetable oils as ingredients in our products or oils and fats containing trans fats.
We will continue to support our customers to:
- Reformulate products to reduce sodium, sugar and saturated fat, at appropriate portion sizes and energy density
- Provide nutrition information to consumers
- Provide benefits such as contributing to ‘5 a day’
- Increase availability of gluten-free products and options for those with food allergies and intolerances
- Provide vegetarian options for those wishing to reduce or avoid meat in their diets