Why invest in Greencore?
- In this section
Our Investment Case
Our vision is to be a fast-growing leader in UK convenience food.
The reasons to invest in Greencore are:
- We participate in a vibrant and prosperous market of approximately 67 million consumers
- We are a food manufacturer of scale in the UK with FY18 revenue of £1.5 billion and a well-invested network of 16 facilities
- We are relevant to key players across multiple channels in the retail market
- We lead in attractive and structurally growing categories and formats in convenience food
- This growth is driven by positive customer and channel dynamics
- These are underpinned by convenience and health trends
- Our relentless focus on customer centricity makes us a trusted partner in the industry
- We develop multiple personal relationships across functions and levels, underpinned by long-term customer agreements
- We are strategic partners for our customers, supporting them throughout the supply chain
- We have a highly regarded core expertise in value-added, assembly led manufacturing of convenience food; this expertise is extending across all areas of the supply chain
- We are committed to invest in people, infrastructure and capability to support this expertise; underpinned by a strong management team
- We have a constant focus on continuous improvement – the need to adapt and innovate flows through The Greencore Way and is reflected in our culture
- Structural growth, strong operational execution and our ability to adapt drives revenue and profit growth
- We generate cashflow through careful control of working capital and capital expenditure
- We have a strong track record of executing multiple strategic initiatives to drive organic and inorganic investment in the UK, delivering overall attractive returns
The Business Model
Our core expertise is in manufacturing processes that are high-volume and high-touch and in environments that are high-care.
Our strategic framework is aligned around four strategic priorities that we use to optimise Greencore’s growth potential.
We operate in attractive markets that demonstrate strong underlying growth.
The Group uses a set of headline Key Performance Indicators to measure the performance of its operations and the Group as a whole.