After months of lockdown restrictions, we now have more freedom and some better weather to help lift our spirits. From reconnecting with friends and family to exploring new places, it’s a great time for an all over health MOT to help you feel at your best.
Did you know?
- Tooth decay is 90% preventable
- 49% of adults don’t see a dentist within two years
- 6,000,000 people in the UK could benefit from a hearing aid
- 2,000,000 people in the UK are living with sight loss
- 64% of adults and 9.5% of children in the UK are classed as being overweight or obese
- Smoking causes 90% of all lung cancer
- Over 450,000 people were diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease last year
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year
- 60-80% of the salt we eat is from processed, packaged food.
You and your general health factsheet
Take control of your health and regularly check in with yourself to make sure you’re maintaining your optimum wellbeing. Managing your general health, from dental care to a healthy heart, not only gives you peace of mind, but is an essential part of living a healthy life. Explore our general health factsheet and discover simple ways to maintain better health.
Mental Health Awareness Week
Next week, 10 – 16 May is Mental Health Awareness week, hosted by the Mental Health Foundation.
This year’s theme is Nature. Being outdoors is proven to lower blood pressure and stress, help build a strong immune system and help prevent depression and anxiety. By adding a little extra outdoor activity to your day, you’ll be more productive, sleep better and generally feel happier.
Look out for our emails next week, to support your mental health.
Sleep deprivation webinar
Last month, we hosted a webinar around sleep deprivation – supporting you with a better night’s sleep. If you were unable to join the session, you can watch the recording on the Occupational Health area of our intranet.
Peer-to-peer support with Talk2Us
Help is at hand with our peer-to-peer service, Talk2Us. Our volunteers are available to talk to you about anything you may need help or support with. Call 01246 385290 or email Talk2Us@greencore.com Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm.
Help and support with Grocery Aid
Our charity partner GroceryAid is available for emotional, financial, and social support. You’re not alone. Get the help you need, when you need it through Grocery Aid’s free, confidential 24/7 helpline: 08088 021 122 or for more information, go to www.groceryaid.org.uk/.
Be kind to yourself