Congratulations to the Greencore team at Manton Wood on the successful completion of a four-day Ethical Audit which took place last week.
The auditor was extremely impressed with the passion and care that the team showed for each other and Manton and here were no non-conformances raised during the audit.
The audit was a SMETA audit (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) carried out by an auditing body on behalf of SEDEX (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange). It assesses the site’s performance against the Ethical Trade Initiative and covers:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and
- Child labour shall not be used 4.1 There shall be no new recruitment of child labour
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practiced
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
This was also verified by confidential interviews with colleagues who were randomly selected by the auditor.