Our Business Model
- In this section
Our primary business operates in the attractive and growing convenience foods sector in the UK.
Our primary business is manufacturing convenience food in categories such as sandwiches, salads, sushi, chilled snacking, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings. Our products are manufactured for grocery and other retailers, including all of the major UK supermarkets.
The very nature of the product categories in which Greencore operates demands a high degree of operational and commercial flexibility to fulfil our customers’ needs. The need to adapt and innovate flows through our business model and is reflected in our culture.
CREATE A COMPELLING FOOD OFFER
- Assure excellent customer service
- Deliver impeccable food safety
- Commit to grow and innovate
- Propose attractive pricing and partnership
WORK TOGETHER TO BEAT THE MODEL
- Enhance buying and manufacturing choice
- Improve our joint supply chain
- Drive retail growth
PARTNER WITH CUTOMERS FOR LONG TERM
- Build multi-level, multi-functional relationships
- Do more with customers across the shared value chain
What differentiates us
- Industry leadership in food integrity
- Innovation commitment to deliver customers’ taste, nutrition and cost goals
- Effective workforce management
- Distinctive leadership team
- Distinctive and repeatable way of working
- Step-change in our purchasing, manufacturing, and commercial capabilities
- Commitments on how we run our business
- Contributions to industry sustainability
Approximately 11,500 talented, committed and experienced people across our UK and Irish operations.
21 well-invested and highly efficient production units across 16 locations, and a nationwide distribution network.
Integrated supply chain
A comprehensive network of suppliers from which we source different ingredient and packaging materials. Embedded and joint supply chains with core customers across various channels of the UK market.
A strong balance sheet and debt profile, disciplined capital allocation, and relatively low levels of financial risk.
Our business model creates sustainable value through disciplined capital allocation.
Our commercial model provides best-in-class customer outcomes.
Our collaborative approach with suppliers enables all parties to achieve goals and drive growth.
Innovation and Great Food that directly addresses key consumer demand drivers.
Employer of choice
Career opportunities that engage and reward.
Heart of local communities
Education, food donation and charitable giving plans that enable community engagement.