We are thrilled that eight Greencore product developers have been named as finalists with no fewer than 11 exciting and innovative creations at this year’s British Sandwich and Food to Go Designer of the Year awards, which runs alongside the industry ‘Oscars’, The Sammies.
Theo Randall, Restaurateur at the InterContinental and frequent visitor of BBC’s Saturday Kitchen will once again be heading up the judging panel. Theo will be joined by Millie Deane, Food Consultant, Simon Jordan-Bird, Consultant Chef, James Newton-Brown, Head of Product for Marks & Spencer alongside the category sponsors.
Here are the Greencore finalists and their creations:
- Megan Fallows: ‘You’ve got bacon in my chouxl!’
- Anna Brown: ‘Punchy Pork Sub’
- Megan Fallows: ‘Chicken Tikka’
- Frances Cope: ‘Naan Chicken Tikka Taco’
- Emma Taylor: ‘The Street Greek’
- Matthew Devlin: ‘Brioche Brekkie’
- Emma Taylor: ‘Over It’
- Catherine Farrell: ‘The Poacher’s Pocket’
- Laura Slaughter: ‘Pandan-mic Hack’
- Emma Taylor: ‘Prawn to be Wild’
- Aisling Lavery: ‘The Grand Middle Eastern Duchess’
The finals will take place on Tuesday – Thursday 20-22 April. Good luck to the Greencore team and congratulations on making the finals!