When did you, or the men in your life, last take time to look after themselves?
Men face different health issues to women and don’t always feel they can speak up or get help when they need it the most.
This Thursday, 19 November is International Men’s Day, so it seems fitting this week for our focus to be on raising awareness of men’s health.
Did you know?
- Each year, more than 1 million men worldwide are diagnosed with prostate cancer
- Inactive men are 60% more likely to suffer from depression than those who are active
- Alcohol kills almost six times more men than women
- 75% of suicides are by men
- 70% of men say their friends can rely on them for support but only 48% say that they rely on their friends. In other words: we’re here for our friends, but worried about asking for help ourselves. Reaching out for help is crucial and we are here to support you.
Men’s Health Factsheet
Learn more about men’s health issues, how to improve your wellbeing and how you can support a male friend or family member in this factsheet.
Want to help raise awareness of important men’s health topics? Get involved with Movember and do your bit to improve the lives of men everywhere.
Whether you’re growing a mo-ustache, getting mo-ving or hosting a mo-ment, have fun this Movember and help men live happier, healthier and longer lives.
Sometimes reaching out to someone who doesn’t know you is the easiest way to talk. You can chat in confidence with our volunteer colleagues about whatever might be on your mind. Call 01246 385290 or email Talk2Us@greencore.com Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm.
November Photo challenge
Well done to Matthew Devlin for winning our October Mental Health photo challenge. Keep your photo entries coming in! This month the theme is Men’s Health.
How do you, or the men in your life live a healthy lifestyle or help raise awareness of men’s health?
Send your photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win a prize!
“Without health, life is not life”